Honey Shortbread Cookies with Salted Chocolate
Yield: 24 Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 10 – 12 minutes
- Chill Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
For the cookies
- 1 cup coconut flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 (4 ounce) Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
For the cookies
- Combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt and xantham gum in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, swerve and honey on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined and a stiff dough has formed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and flatten into a to a disk. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Roll out dough on a lightly coconut-floured surface to about ¼ -inch thickness. Cut out 3-inch circles with a cookie cutter. Collect and reroll scraps as necessary. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and melt over a double boiler or in a microwave on low power, stirring every 15 to 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer to refrigerator until chocolate is set and enjoy! Store cookies in an airtight container.