Bake Believe’s Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Brownies with Sea Salt
Yield: 12 brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup plus ¼ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Place a piece of parchment paper in an 8×8 baking pan, allowing for it to hang over two of the sides. This will help you remove the brownies when done.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate baking chips. Alternatively, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and fine sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the coconut oil and eggs. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla, maple syrup, coconut sugar and melted chocolate. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together using a spatula until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Place the brownie batter in the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Scatter the remaining ¼ cup dark chocolate baking chips over the top of the brownies.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let cool completely before serving, about 1 hour. Enjoy.