Bake Believe Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
Yield: 16 bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Freezer Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1 cup plus ½ cup unsweetened almond butter (please see note at the bottom), divided
- 1 cup raw honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½-1 cup almond flour, or more as needed
- 1 ½ cups Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt (optional)
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper so the paper folds over the sides. This will make the squares easier to remove from the pan when they are set.
- In a large bowl, combine the 1 cup almond butter, raw honey, and salt. Add enough almond flour to form a stiff dough, similar to a chocolate chip cookie dough. Pat the almond butter mixture into the prepared pan to form an even layer. Place in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate layer.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate baking chips and remaining ½ cup almond butter. Alternatively, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- Pour over the almond layer, smooth with a spoon. Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt, if desired, then return to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and cut into 16 squares. Transfer the bars to an airtight container, with parchment between to prevent sticking and place in the refrigerator or enjoy right away.
**Note: For this recipe, it is best to select an almond butter that does not have a lot of excess oil. This will help the bars retain their shape instead of becoming too soft.**