Bake Believe’s Dark Chocolate Orange CrÃ¨me Brulee
(Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 52 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 7 minutes (+ 2 hours 30 minutes cooling)
For the CrÃ¨me Brulee:
- ¼ cup Bake Believe ® No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon pure orange extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- 5 large egg yolks
For the Topping
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Bake Believe ® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 200F. Place 6 6-ounce ramekins in a baking dish with sides. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat coconut cream over medium heat until steaming. Add 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar and whisk to dissolve. Continue to simmer 3-4 minutes, until bubbling but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add Bake Believe No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate Chips, orange extract, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Sprinkle gelatin over top and set aside to bloom for 5 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg yolks until creamy. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons of coconut sugar and beat 1-2 minutes, until incorporated.
- Whisk gelatin into cream mixture. With the electric mixer running, slowly pour cream mixture into the bowl with egg yolks in a steady stream.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth. Divide mixture between prepared ramekins. Place enough hot water in the baking pan to come halfway up the side of the ramekins.
- Transfer baking dish to oven and bake 1 hour and 45 minutes, until center is set.
- Remove and cool 30 minutes on the countertop. Transfer to refrigerator and cool 2 hours.
- Just before serving, move oven rack to the rung second from the top. Preheat to high broil.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar evenly over 6 crÃ¨me brulees. Place on a baking sheet and transfer to oven for 1 minute, until sugar is caramelized, keeping a close eye to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with dark chocolate baking chips. Enjoy immediately.