Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffles
Yield: ~12 truffles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooling Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
For the Coconut Filling:
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Confectioners Swerve
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
For the Truffle Shell:
- 3 ounces Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small food processor, blend the ingredients for the coconut filling until the coconut is finely chopped.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to firm up for 20 minutes.
- Divide the coconut mixture into 12 evenly sized portions and roll into balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared cookie sheet and put them in the refrigerator to firm up for 20 minutes more.
- Place the 3 ounces of chopped dark bar and coconut oil in a small, heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip the coconut balls, one at a time into the melted truffle shell mixture using a fork.
- Remove the ball from the melted mixture and tap on the side of the bowl to remove the excess.
- Place the truffle on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with more coconut flakes.
- Repeat with the remaining coconut balls.
- Place in the refrigerator until the shell hardens, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.