Bake Believe’s Dark Chocolate Chili (Paleo, Keto Friendly)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- ½ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ¼ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeÃ±os, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (omit for paleo)
- ¼ cup sour cream (omit for paleo)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat beef and pork over medium-high heat. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring to break up, until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste then remove, reserving oil in pot. Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat reserved oil and olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2-3 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Add cacao, chili powder, cumin, paprika, white pepper, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes and beef broth and bring to boil. Return beef to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dark chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Scoop chili into bowl and top with chosen toppings. Enjoy.