Cranberry-Orange Pound Cake with White Chocolate Glaze
Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
For the Pound Cake:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup Swerve
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
For the Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, folding it over the edges of the pan so that the pound cake can be easily removed.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and Swerve with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, until fully incorporated.
- Add the orange zest, sour cream, and vanilla and mix once more.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and cranberries, then mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread to evenly distribute.
- Bake the pound cake until it is no longer jiggly in the middle, about 50 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pound cake from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool the pound cake to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Place the ingredients for the glaze in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chips have completely melted.
- Allow the glaze to cool, stirring occasionally, until it becomes the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
- Pour the glaze over the pound cake. The glaze will firm up more as it cools.
- Slice the cake, then enjoy.