Cottage Cheese Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
Yield: 12 inch thick bars
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Cooling Time: 2 ½ hours
- Total Time: 3 hours, 25 mins
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1/4 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
For the crust:
- ½ cups of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve
- ¼ cup melted butter
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese (processed until smooth)
- ½ cup of powdered Swerve
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, powdered Swerve, and melted butter for the crust. Stir until the combined.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the cottage cheese until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, cottage cheese, powdered Swerve, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely in the baking dish.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the cheesecake to firm up.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled, prepare the chocolate drizzle. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the 1/4 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips and coconut oil together in 5-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and melted.
- Remove the chilled cheesecake from the baking dish and place it on a cutting board and cut into 1 inch thick bars.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the cheesecake in a decorative pattern.
- Place the cheesecake bars back in the refrigerator for a few minutes to allow the chocolate drizzle to set.
- Serve right away or keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Enjoy!