Yield: 15 macarons
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 ¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup Swerve granulated sugar replacement
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine coconut and swerve in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whip egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until medium foamy peaks have formed, about 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Scoop 1/3 of the egg whites into the coconut mixture. Stir gently to incorporate. Fold remaining egg whites into the coconut mixture. Continue folding until fully incorporated. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into tightly rounded mounds onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until just golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combing chocolate and coconut oil. Melt using a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth. Dip bottom of each cooled macaroon into chocolate. Transfer dipped cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.