Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies
Yield: 24 Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 10 – 12 minutes
- Chill Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
For the cookies
- 1 cup coconut flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 (9-ounce) package Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Sprinkles (optional)
For the cookies
- Combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt and xanthium gum in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and swerve on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue mixing until fully combined and a stiff dough has formed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and flatten into a to a disk. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Roll out dough on a lightly coconut-floured surface to about ¼ -inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter. Collect and reroll scraps as necessary. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil and melt over a double boiler or in a microwave on low power, stirring every 15 to 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
- Transfer to refrigerator until chocolate is set and enjoy! Store cookies in an airtight container.