Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake
Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours, 25 minutes
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Confectioners Swerve
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup strawberries, pureed (~¾ cup puree)
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups Swerve
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For the Top:
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, each cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the strawberry puree and xanthan gum.
- Place over a medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens.
- Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the crust.
- Firmly press the crust into a 9-inch springform pan, pressing the crust at least ½-inch up the side.
- Bake the crust until it just starts to brown around the edges, about 7 minutes.
- Set the crust aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and Swerve with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Mix in the sour cream.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in the cooled strawberry mixture followed by the vanilla and salt.
- Cover the outside of the bottom of the springform pan with several layers of aluminum foil.
- Place the springform pan in another larger pan that can hold water for a water bath.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling to the springform pan and spread to make even..
- Place the pans in the oven and fill the larger pan with boiling water until it comes halfway up the side of the springform pan. Make sure the water level is not higher than the aluminum foil.
- Bake the cheesecake until it is only slightly jiggly in the middle, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the water bath and allow to cool for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate until fully chilled, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Place the ¾ cup dark chips and 1cup heavy cream in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until it has thickened.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the chilled cheesecake and tilt so that it forms an even layer.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or until the chocolate layer has become firm.
- Place the strawberries around the edge of the cheesecake, one for each slice.
- Slice and serve right away or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.