Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
Yield: 6 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes (+ 30 minutes cooling)
For the cupcakes
- ¼ cup Bake Believe ® Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 Tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup monkfruit erythritol sweetener
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
For the frosting
- ½ cup Bake Believe ® Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 6 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, pumpkin pie space, cacao, and salt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add milk chocolate baking chips and pumpkin seeds to batter and fold to combine.
- Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups. Transfer to oven and bake 28-32 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: In the microwave or on the stove, melt baking chips.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream and butter 3-4 minutes, until creamy. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and beat until fluffy.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Store remaining frosting in the refrigerator.