Chocolate Pecan Toffee
Yield: 12 slices
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 10 minutes (+ 1 hour cooling)
- 1/2 cup Bake Believe ® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped; divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup monkfruit-erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing excess to hang over sides. Spread half of pecans in an even layer on the parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small heavy-bottomed pot, combine butter and sweetener over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often with a wooden spoon. Add cinnamon and salt, continue stirring 3-5 minutes, until thickened and foamy.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda. Stir to combine. Pour mixture over pecans in prepared pan. Spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate baking chips and remaining pecans over top. Gently press into toffee with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Set aside for 1 hour, until set. Carefully lift toffee from loaf pan using excess parchment paper. Break into pieces.