Chocolate Filled Jack-O-Lantern Cookies
Yield: 24 (1-inch) cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 45 minues
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
For the Cookies:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Orange food coloring, as needed (optional)
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 1 ½ ounces Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Bar, roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese, Swerve, vanilla, and food coloring with an electric mixture until fully mixed.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Beat, once more, until the mixture is completely mixed.
- Roll the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper until about ¼-inch thick.
- Using a pumpkin cookie cutter, cut the dough into cookies.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the cookies sheets using a spatula.
- Bake the cookies on the middle-top rack of the oven until just slightly browned around the edges, about 7 minutes for 1-inch cookies. Adjust baking time, as needed.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheet, about 30 minutes.
- The cookies will firm as they cool.
- When the cookies are cool, make the ganache.
- Place the chopped semi-sweet bar in a medium bowl with the heavy cream and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Allow the ganache to cool until it has thickened, then transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe a small amount of filling onto half of the cookies, then top with the other half.
- Chill the cookies until the ganache is firm, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.