Chocolate Energy Ball Mice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ounce plus ½ ounce Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Bar, roughly chopped and divided
- ¾ cup nuts
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon keto-friendly maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Sliced almonds for decorating
- In a small food processor, combine the 1 ounce of semi-sweet baking bar, nuts, ground flax seeds, and chia seeds.
- Blend the baking bar, nuts, and seeds until finely ground, then add the peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend until the mixture comes together into a ball.
- Place the ½ ounce semi-sweet bar in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag or small zip-top bag and cut off the tip.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pipe 8 squiggles of chocolate to make the mouse tails on the paper. Make sure to leave enough room between the tails to add the body later on.
- Place the mouse tails in the refrigerator to harden while you form the rest of the mouse.
- Divide the mixture into 8 evenly sized balls, then form the balls into teardrops.
- Place each teardrop onto a tail with the tail coming out of the wider part.
- Decorate the mice with sliced almond ears as well as sprinkle eyes and a nose.
- Chill the mice in the refrigerator until hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.