Chocolate-Dipped Pistachio Biscotti
Yield: ~ 6 biscotti
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cooling Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
For the Biscotti:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup Swerve
- 1 teaspoon pistachio or almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
For the Chocolate Dip:
- 3 ounces Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Bake Believe® White Baking Chips
- 1 ½ teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, vanilla, Swerve, pistachio or almond extract, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until well combined, then stir in the pistachios.
- Form the dough into the cookie sheet so that it is a loaf about 7-inches long by 4 inches wide.
- Bake the loaf until it begins to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Slice the loaf into 3/4-inch slices and place back on the parchment-lined cookie sheet, cut side down.
- Reduce the oven heat to 275°F.
- Bake the biscotti until they are golden brown, about 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Set the biscotti aside to cool completely.
- Place the 3 ounces dark bar and 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small heat-proof glass. Place the white chips and ½ teaspoon coconut oil in a small heat-proof bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until both are melted.
- Transfer the melted white chips to a piping bag.
- Dip the cooled biscotti halfway into the melted chocolate and shake to remove the excess.
- Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and drizzle with the melted white chips.
- Repeat with the remaining biscotti.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.