Chocolate-Dipped Pastel Meringues
Yield: ~24 meringue cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
For the Meringue Cookies:
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup Confectioners Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Pastel gel food coloring, as needed
For the Chocolate Dip:
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a clean medium bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer using the whisk attachment until frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar, then continue beating until dissolved.
- Add the Confectioners Swerve, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and salt, then beat until glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Gently divide the meringue into 3 clean bowls.
- Fold in enough gel food coloring to create 3 pastel colors.
- Transfer each color to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe the meringue onto the prepared cookie sheet, creating cookies that are about 1-inch wide.
- Bake the cookies for 40 minutes.
- Keep the meringue cookies in the oven, then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 1 hour more undisturbed.
- Place the ¾ cup dark chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a small heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip the bottom of a meringue cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Remove carefully with a fork and shake to remove any excess.
- Return to the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Transfer to the refrigerator until the chocolate has firmed, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.