Chocolate Creme Brulee
Yield: 6 (4-ounce) servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- ½ cup Bake Believe™ Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 ¾ cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup Swerve
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Swerve, as needed for the caramelized topping
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan and place over a medium heat until bubbles form around the edges. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips to the heavy cream and whisk until melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, Swerve, vanilla, and salt until they become light and airy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream mixture to the egg yolk mixture a little at a time, whisking in between until fully incorporated.
- Place the ramekins in a large roasting pan and pour the chocolate mixture into the ramekins.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and fill with hot water until it is halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the custards until they are slightly jiggly in the middle, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the ramekins from the hot water and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the custards to chill in the refrigerator until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
- Right before serving, top the custard with a generous amount of Swerve. Make sure all of the custard is covered.
- Using a culinary torch, caramelize the Swerve, holding the torch perpendicular to the custard.
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve.