Chocolate Covered Roasted Chestnuts
Yield: about 2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes (+ 15 minutes cooling)
- 3/4 cup Bake Believe ® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 cups raw chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place a wire rack on a sheet pan. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a cross on the curved side of each chestnut. Place chestnuts cut side up on prepared pan.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast 18-20 minutes, until fragrant and skin begins to peel back.
- Transfer chestnuts to the center of a clean towel. Wrap towel around chestnuts and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze chestnuts inside towel then carefully remove and discard skin.
- Line a clean sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In the microwave or on the stove, melt dark chocolate baking chips. Use a fork to dip each chestnut in chocolate to coat then transfer to prepared sheet pan. Once chocolate has set, sprinkle a bit more over the top and allow to set.