Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie Bites
Yield: ~ 10 bites
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
For the Crust:
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons powdered Swerve
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For the Pecan Filling:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup allulose
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
For the Dip:
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, folding some over the sides to easily remove the pecan pie bites later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the crust.
- Firmly press the crust ingredients into the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Bake until the edges of the crust begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine the 4 tablespoons of butter and ¼ cup allulose in a large saucepan.
- Place over a medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes a deep golden-brown.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt.
- Allow this mixture to cool until warm, but no longer hot.
- Whisk in the egg yolk followed by the ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture on top of the baked and cooled crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Return the loaf pan to the oven and bake until the edges of the pecan pie bites brown and the sides puff slightly. The middle will be slightly jiggly.
- Place the loaf pan in the refrigerator to chill until fully cooled, about 1 hour.
- Lift the pecan pie from the loaf pan using the parchment paper, then cut into 1-inch squares.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the 1 cup melting wafers in a small heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Carefully dip the pecan pie bites into the melted wafers, placing them top down then flipping with a fork.
- Tap to remove the excess, then place the pecan pie bite on the lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the top with a small amount of chopped pecans.
- Repeat for the remaining pecan pie bites.
- Place the pecan pie bites in the refrigerator until the outside has hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.