Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Tacos
Yield: 6 tacos
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
For the Cookie:
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup firmly packed Brown Swerve
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To Finish the Tacos:
- 1 cup Keto-friendly ice cream
- 1 cup Bake Believe® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cookies.
- Mix until thickened and divide into 12 balls.
- Flatten the balls on the cookie sheet.
- Bake until the edges just begin to brown, about 13 minutes.
- Set the cookies aside and allow them to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Cut each cookie in half.
- Spread about 2 heaping tablespoons of ice cream on half of the cookie pieces.
- Top the ice cream with the other half of the cookie and place the cookies in the freezer to firm up.
- Meanwhile, place the semi-sweet chips and coconut oil in a heat-proof bowl that is large enough to dip the cookies in.
- Microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, just until melted.
- Dip the cut side of each cookie into the melted mixture and return to the cookie sheet.
- Freeze until the chocolate is firm, about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the freezer.