Chocolate Caramel Apples
Yield: 6 apples
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
For the Caramel:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup Swerve Brown
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces Bake Believe™ Milk Baking Bar, roughly chopped
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- ¾ cup finely chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts)
- Wash and dry the apples, then insert a stick into the top of each one.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for the caramel.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pot of caramel in an ice bath and stir until it thickens to the consistency of pancake batter.
- If the caramel becomes too thick, place over low heat and stir until it thins out.
- If the caramel begins to separate stir in water, ½ teaspoon at a time, until it comes back together.
- Spoon the caramel over the apples, one at a time, then place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Transfer to the refrigerator while you prepare the melted chocolate.
- Place the chopped nuts in a medium bowl.
- Place the 6 ounces baking bar in a medium heatproof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip the end of one of the apples into the melted baking bar, then into the nuts.
- Transfer the apple to the cookie sheet and repeat with the other apples.
- Transfer the apples to the refrigerator to chill.