Bake Believe’s Chocolate Balsamic Glazed Duck Breast (Paleo/Keto Friendly)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Cooling Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- ¼ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 (14 oz) moulard Magret duck breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grassfed butter or ghee
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pat duck breasts dry. Cut two shallow slits across the skin of the duck breasts then two more shallow slits perpendicular to those slits to make a crosshatch pattern. Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place duck breasts skin-side down in a large ovenproof skillet. Place skillet over medium heat and cook 8-10 minutes, until fat renders.
- Carefully scoop duck fat out of the pan into a heatproof bowl and set aside. Flip duck breasts then transfer pan to oven and bake 6-10 minutes, until cooked to desired doneness.
- In a medium sautÃ© pan, combine 1 Tbsp reserved duck fat and butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sautÃ© 1 minute, until fragrant. Add dark chocolate chips, balsamic, rosemary, and 1 Tbsp water. Stir to melt dark chocolate.
- Remove duck from oven and transfer to a plate. Rest for 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
- Drizzle sliced duck with chocolate balsamic glaze and garnish with remaining rosemary. Enjoy.