Chocolate Apple Pie Bites
Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- ¾ cup Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups apples, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Equally divide chocolate chips between the cavities, then set aside.
- Place maple syrup and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until boiling. Add cream, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir constantly for 1 minute until the mixture is bubbling. Add apples and pecans and stir to fully coat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes or until most of the mixture is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal.
- Transfer mixture to muffin tins on top of chocolate chips. Using a spoon gently compact the mixture into the tin. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 1 hour or until until ready to serve.