Caramel Apple Nachos
Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
For the Caramel:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons allulose, divided
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For the Apple Nachos:
- ¼ cup Bake Believe® Milk Baking Chips
- 4 green apples
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted and salted peanuts, chopped
- Combine the butter and ¼ cup of the allulose in a large skillet.
- Place over medium heat and stir occasionally until the mixture becomes golden-brown.
- Add the heavy cream along with the remaining 2 tablespoons of allulose.
- Continue cooking over a medium heat, whisking constantly, until it comes to a boil.
- Boil the mixture for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Transfer the caramel to a heat-proof container and chill in the refrigerator until thickened, about 2 hours.
- When the caramel is fully chilled, core the apples, then thinly slice and arrange on a large plate.
- Heat the caramel and peanut butter, if needed, in the microwave until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle the apples with the peanut butter and caramel, then top with the milk chips and chopped peanuts.
- Enjoy right away!