Cake Parfait with Strawberries and Chocolate Mousse
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50-60 mins
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
For the mousse:
- 6 tablespoons Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ½ tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup plus ¾ cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners Swerve
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
For the cake:
- 5 medium eggs room temperature
- 2 cups almond flour sugarfine, blanched
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sweetener
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (topping)
For the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F /180°C. Grease a small 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, butter, sweetener, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, mix for 2-3 minutes until the eggs look frothy.
- In another bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder
- Combine together the dry and the wet ingredients until mixed well.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth down the top using a spatula.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until cooked through and set aside to cool (it should pass the toothpick test).
For the Chocolate mousse:
- Place the ½ tablespoon water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it and allow to bloom for 10 mins.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, Bake Believe® Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, ½ cup heavy cream, and bloomed gelatin.
- Place in the microwave and cook in 10-second intervals, whisking in between, until melted.
- Whisking occasionally, set aside the chocolate mix to cool and no longer warm.
- In the meantime, place a medium bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ¾ cup heavy cream, Confectioners Swerve, and vanilla to the chilled bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream, ⅓ at a time, into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the mousse to a bowl.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill and firm up for 2 hours.
- Cut the cake into ½ inch slices, and cut again into ½ inch cubes
- Remove the greens from the strawberries, and slice them in half, length-wise.
- Add the cubed cake to each glass, and add the strawberries evenly between each glass.
- Top with the chilled chocolate mousse.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!