Blueberry-Lemon Pound Cake
Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Cooling Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
For the Pound Cake:
- ¼ cup Bake Believe® White Melting Wafers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Swerve
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Glaze
- ½ cup Bake Believe® White Melting Wafers
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, folding it over the edges of the pan so that the pound cake can be easily removed.
- Place the ¼ cup white melting wafers and butter in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Stir in the Swerve and allow to cool until no longer hot.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, until fully incorporated.
- Add the lemon zest, sour cream, and vanilla and mix once more.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and blueberries, then mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread to evenly distribute.
- Bake the pound cake until it is no longer jiggly in the middle, about 55 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pound cake from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool the pound cake to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Place the ½ cup white melting wafers and heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the melting wafers have completely melted.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon lemon zest.
- Allow the glaze to cool, stirring occasionally, until it becomes the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
- Pour the glaze over the pound cake. The glaze will firm up more as it cools.
- Slice the cake, then enjoy.