Basketball Whoopie Pies
Yield: 4 Pies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
For the Cookies:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup Swerve
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Orange food coloring, as needed
- ¼ cup Bake Believe® Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Confectioners Swerve
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the 2 tablespoons melted butter and vanilla, then whisk until combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, and salt.
- Mix well, then add orange food coloring, as needed, to make a basketball color.
- Transfer the mixture to a large piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
- Pipe circles on the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Each circle should be about 2 inches in diameter and 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until they are just slightly browned on the bottom, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. The cookies will firm up as they sit.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting.
- Place the 1 stick softened butter in a medium bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the Confectioners Swerve and cocoa powder, then beat until combined.
- Add the ½ teaspoon vanilla, heavy cream, and salt then beat until light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chocolate frosting to a piping bag.
- Place the chocolate melting wafers in a small heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Transfer the melted wafers to a piping bag.
- Pipe a line down the middle of the cookie using the melted wafers, then pipe 2 curved lines on the sides to make a basketball design.
- Do this to half of the cookies and leave the other half without the design.
- Pipe the frosting onto the flat side of the remaining cookies that don’t have the basketball design on them.
- Place the cookies with the basketball design on the top and press gently.
- Enjoy right away or place in an airtight container for up to 1 week.