Bake Believe’s Keto White Chocolate Flan
Yield: 2 flans
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cooling Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 50 minutes (+ 3 hours cooling time)
For the White Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Bake Believe ™ White Baking Chips
- ¼ cup keto-friendly maple flavored syrup
For the flan
- ¼ cup Tablespoons Bake Believe ™ White Baking Chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F. Place two 4-5 inch ramekins in a baking dish. Set aside.
- To make the sauce: In a small pot combine white baking chips, syrup, and 3 Tablespoons of water over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until smooth and bubbling. Divide mixture evenly between prepared ramekins.
- To make the flan: In the microwave or on the stove, melt 2 Tablespoons white baking chips and coconut oil. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack 2 whole eggs. Separate the yolks from the whites of the remaining 2 eggs. Discard the whites and add the yolks to the bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add cream, stevia, vanilla, and melted baking chips. Stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared ramekins, over caramel sauce. Fill baking dish with hot water to come halfway up the side of the ramekins.
- Transfer baking pan to oven. Bake 35-40 minutes, until almost set but still jiggly. Remove from oven and allow to sit in hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove ramekins from hot water. Transfer to refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the ramekins. Invert ramekins onto a dish to release flan. Top with remaining Bake Believe White Baking Chips.