Bake Believe’s Keto Chocolate Covered Macaroons
Yield: 9 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes (+ 20 minutes cooling)
- ¼ cup Bake Believe ® Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon monkfruit sweetener
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg whites and sweetener on medium for 4-5 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut flour, 2 teaspoons coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add egg whites to coconut mixture. Gently fold to incorporate.
- Scoop 1 Tablespoon at a time on to prepared baking sheet to make 9 cookies.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven. Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.
- On the stove or in the microwave, melt the Bake Believe Semi-Sweet Baking Chips and remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate baking chip mixture then transfer to prepared plate. Set aside for 5 minutes, until chocolate is set.